Hi,

On Sat, Sep 04, 2021 at 11:56:29AM +0200, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> Add warning at startup to notify users about the change.
[..]
> +    /* Give a general warning at the end of initialisation that defaults
> +     * have changed */
> +    msg(M_WARN, "Note that modernisation of defaults in OpenVPN 2.6 limits "
> +                "compatibility with old versions. See Changes.rst and "
> +                "--compat-mode in the manual for details.");
>  }

I have my doubts if this is a good way forward.

This warning will be printed on *every single startup* on OpenVPN now.

Is this useful?  Or will people just ignore it.  Like, "all of a sudden
my Tunnelblick shows some giberrish in red at me, but the VPN is working,
so let's just ignore all warnings now".

I can see that we want to tell users, but every single time, forever?