On Sat, Sep 18, 2021 at 3:22 PM Arne Schwabe <a...@rfc2549.org> wrote:

> > https://github.com/selvanair/openvpn/tree/xkey-provider-v2
> > <https://github.com/selvanair/openvpn/tree/xkey-provider-v2>
> >
> > It should build on linux without errors, though with lots of deprecation
> > warnings in old files. The executable will work and allow one to test
> > key loading and some of other internals by running as tls-client with a
> > normal key in a file -- not inlined key or external key. The key will
> > get loaded into the provider and treated as opaque and still pass
> > signature etc.. This is only for testing. See the last commit message
> > for some details on this.
>
> I won't have time on the weekend to look at it but I will definitively
> take a look next week. But that sounds very promising.
>

> > Build with --enable debug. Note that the last commit made for testing
> > will break signing with external keys until callbacks are connected plus
> > some more.
> >
> > I should have a more complete version ready to hook up with
> > backend callbacks by the end of the weekend.
> >
> > I skimmed through your branch. You need keymgmt_load to get the loading
> > through store to work. As for other ops, implementing
> > signature_sign_init and sign are not enough -- one needs digest_verify
> > methods and digest_sign methods as well. This is because ssl-ctx has to
> > be created in the context of our provider for sign to work, but then all
> > public key ops also get delegated to us.  It took a while for me to sort
> > that out.
> >
> > Unfortunately this provider framework makes us write a metric ton of
> > glue code code.
>
> I noticed .....
> >
> > Please feel free to nit-pick or otherwise-pick on the code.

Updated & improved version with commits broken into smaller chunks is here

https://github.com/selvanair/openvpn/pull/new/xkey-provider-v3

I'm ready to submit the patches to the list for review. As I touch only one
or two contexts in the core I haven't rebased to your OpenSSL 3.0
deprecation patches. Any minor conflicts should be easy to fix.

Thanks,

Selva