Hi,

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 12:02:44PM -0500, Selva Nair wrote:
> > In its simplest form, just have
> >
> > --cert 'pkcs11:id=%01'
>
> I'm withdrawing this patch as it has no prospects going forward with
> engines on their way out in
> OpenSSL 3.0 and beyond. Withdrawing is also an honourable way out when no
> one seems to care :)

Recorded as such.  Thanks for the patch anyway.

(And indeed, I have no current usecase for this - though it definitely
looked interesting - and too much other stuff that I needed to care for...)

> That said, in the spirit of this patch, I think we should consider reusing
> "--cert" and, optionally, "--key" options when newer ways of specifying the
> certificate are introduced: like "--cert <uri>" instead of a new option
> "--cryptoapi-cert <foo>" etc.

Let's try to keep this in mind when the next patch suggesting

 --mysecretkeystore-cert <identifier>

comes along :-)