On Freitag, 13. Mai 2022 10:55:32 CEST Arne Schwabe wrote:
> Am 11.05.22 um 14:10 schrieb Heiko Hund:
> > +  Valid syntax::
>
> I don't understand this to be honest. I don't have a good about rst but
> all other instances of Valid syntax use the form like what was before
> the patch, e.g.
>
>    Valid syntax:
>
>      peer-fingerprint AD:B0:95:D8:09:...
>
> So why exactly does this one need to be different?

It doesn't need to. :: on an end of line are replaced by a single : and serve
the same formatting purpose as :: on a separate line followed by a blank line:

https://docutils.sourceforge.io/docs/user/rst/quickref.html#literal-blocks

Thought it is easier on the eye here, because it is possible. The actual
problem is that a blank line after the :: is missing. Let me know if I should
send a version with :: separate.

Cheers
Heiko