Hi,

I've received the following bug report for the dco-enabled OpenVPN 2.6 build currently sitting in Debian unstable. It looks like DCO is interfering with the CLI option to create a tap interface.

Bernhard

---
Package: openvpn
Version: 2.6.0~git20220518+dco-2
Severity: important

Since 2.6.0~git20220518+dco-2 the following command fails:

openvpn --mktun --dev-type tap --dev tap2

with

Assertion failed at dco_linux.c:442 (tt-type == DEV_TYPE_TUN)
Exit due to fatal error

I don't have dco support in the linux kernel.

openvpn --disable-dco --mktun --dev-type tap --dev tap2

works as a workaround, but I think --mktun --dev-type tap should continue to work without it.

Regards,
--
Wolfgang Walter
Studentenwerk München