Patch v2: fix comparing key_id to state value, improve message
Patch v3: also take key_id into account

Code looks good to me now. Is there any way of testing this?

You need to get both peer in some kind of inconsistent state. Like short reneg-sec on one side and dealyed auth on the other side or deauthing (e.g. via management) and seeing packet in the last five seconds before the session gets killed. Also somethning like reneg-sec 60 on one side might trigger these warnings.

If I trigger them again with something reliable to trigger them, I will follow up.

Arne