Am 14.12.22 um 23:42 schrieb Lev Stipakov:
From: Lev Stipakov <l...@openvpn.net>

BYTECOUNT on management interface is used to display client stats,
for example by openvpn-gui. At the moment BYTECOUNT is sent if
there is a traffic. With DCO, userspace process doesn't see data
channel traffic, BYTECOUNT is not sent and therefore stats
are not updated.

Fix displaying DCO client stats by adding a timer, which is triggerd
every n seconds, where n is set by existing management command
bytecount <n>. Output stats, taking into account stats from DCO,
when timer is triggered.

While on it, simplify bytecount routines call chains - inlining
functions which are used only once.

DCO stats fetching is not yet implemented.

Stats for the server mode (BYTECOUNT_CLI) are unaffected
by this change - to output those in timer callback we would need to
enumerate all peers, and I am not sure we want to output stats
for all peers every <n> seconds.

Acked-By: Arne Schwabe <a...@rfc2549.org>