Hi,

Trying to resurrect this thread, as we still have this deficiency in
OpenVPN core that makes it difficult for UI's to report routing errors.

tldr: Can we get CONNECTED,ERROR instead of CONNECTED,SUCCESS on route
errors?

See also https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn-gui/issues/9

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 3:38 PM Jonathan K. Bullard <jkbull...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 3:24 PM, Selva Nair <selva.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Copying the devel list as a reminder that "we" have been asking for this
> change for a long time :)
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 2:48 PM, Gert Doering <notificati...@github.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,

> be report route errors?
> >>
> >> Currently when we get CONNECTED,SUCCESS we turn the icon green. If we
> get
> >>
> >> CONENCTED,ERROR we keep it amber and the state as "connecting.." even if
> >>
> >> the initialization sequence completes.

> CONNECTED,ERROR in such cases.
>
> +1 to routing errors causing CONNECTED,ERROR (I didn't even know that
> was possible). This confuses many Tunnelblick users.
>
> I'd be happy for routing errors to cause a FATAL error as long as the
> errors weren't caused by "route already exists" or something like
> that. But I assume that's too much trouble.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Jon

Selva