Hi,

On Mon, Dec 26, 2022 at 05:30:23PM -0500, Selva Nair wrote:
> > > +
> > > +#define min(a,b) ((a) < (b) ? (a) : (b))
> >
> > We already have min_int and min_uint in integer.h. For consistency I
> > would prefer using those instead of adding a macro.

Unfortunately, this is more than "just an extra macro" - it breaks our
MSVC builds due to the windows equivalent of -Werr and macro
redefinition...

https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/actions/runs/3786194652/jobs/6436868937

D:\a\openvpn\openvpn\src\openvpn\manage.c(862,1): warning C4005: 'min': macro
redefinition [D:\a\openvpn\openvpn\src\openvpn\openvpn.vcxproj]
D:\a\openvpn\openvpn\src\openvpn\manage.c(862,1): error C2220: the following
warning is treated as an error
[D:\a\openvpn\openvpn\src\openvpn\openvpn.vcxproj]

(not sure why it calls out "the following warning" when it talks about the
one before it? but anyway)

this came a bit unexpected, so it's been pushed out already...