Am 23.03.23 um 15:31 schrieb Frank Lichtenheld:
Currently this is not obvious since we never build the
UTs with MSVC, but it doesn't like the initializers with
"const" variables. They cause
error C2099: initializer is not a constant

What MSVC version are you using? What options? I've tried with a minimal
C program with static const char *const foo = "something"; and it
compiled with the latest 2017 or 2022 MSVC.

How are you connecting the unit test to the build?

when used in an initializer.
So change all of them to preprocessor defines instead.

It also doesn't like the empty initializer.

Of course not, because it's ill-formed code prior to C23.

So, NAK.