Hi,

> It looks much simpler to write the above 5 lines as
>
> _stprintf_s(name, name_len, TEXT("%ls #%d"), base_name, i)

Agreed.

> If (adapter_name) is false, we reach here with iResult not set, but it gets
> referenced below. Add an else { iResult = 1; } or initialize iResult to 1 at
> top?

Normally this should not happen, adapter_name is currently set either
by --name or using a hwid-generated name. But surely let's handle this
case too.

I think iResult should be set to 0, since if we don't set the name
this is not an error - same behavior has been before.

Agreed with the rest, V3 is coming.