The OpenVPN community project team is proud to release OpenVPN 2.6.5.

This is a small bugfix release.

User visible changes:

* tapctl (windows): generate driver-specific names (if using tapctl to create
  additional tap/wintun/dco devices, and not using --name).
  See GH ​#337.
* interactive service (windows): do not force target desktop for openvpn.exe
  - this has no impact for normal use, but enables running of OpenVPN in a
scripted
  way when no user is logged on (for example, via task scheduler).
  See GH ​openvpn-gui#626

Windows MSI changes since 2.6.4:

* MSIs now use OpenSSL 3.1.1

Debian/Ubuntu packages in official apt repositories are now available for
arm64.

More details can be found in the Changes document:

<https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/blob/release/2.6/Changes.rst>

(The Changes document also contains a section with work-arounds for
common problems encountered when using OpenVPN with OpenSSL 3)

Source code and Windows installers can be downloaded from our download page:

<https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/>

Debian and Ubuntu packages are available in the official apt repositories:

<https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/OpenvpnSoftwareRepos#DebianUbuntu:UsingOpenVPNaptrepositories>

On Red Hat derivatives we recommend using the Fedora Copr repository.

<https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/dsommers/openvpn-release-2.6/>

Kind regards,
--
  Frank Lichtenheld