Hello all, hopefully, this is the correct mailing list to ask this
question, and sorry if it is long.

I am trying to port OpenVPN to Haiku OS and I am currently having an issue
as I run this test command from the PORTS
<https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/blob/master/PORTS#L73> file `./openvpn
--remote 64.233.160.0 --verb 9 --ping 1 --dev tun` as I get the expected
output (comparing it to Linux at least) until it just hangs on the line `I/O
WAIT status=0x0004`. I am not sure if this is a problem caused by the
driver I am writing or OpenVPN not being able to run the do_ifconfig()
command that has a TARGET_HAIKU definition and I wanted to ask you all
about it. Here
<https://review.haiku-os.org/c/haiku/+/6608/15/src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/network/tun/driver.cpp>
I have the driver source code, here
<https://review.haiku-os.org/c/haiku/+/6608/15/src/add-ons/kernel/network/devices/tun/tun.cpp>
is the interface source code, and here
<https://github.com/Swangeon/Haiku-Openvpn/commit/9954e48fa35dcb4f77fe08863b1d12f0f3e29b72>
I have a forked version of the OpenVPN source code where I added the
definition for the OS and info on how to do the ifconfig command on the
system. I know that UDP sockets are working normally within Haiku since I
can switch the line `--dev tun` to `--dev null` and it will work just fine.
One problem that I think might be there is that it's not setting up a tun
interface properly and/or it might be going off of the assumption of a
Linux driver where the driver and the interface are the same when in this
case they are two separate things. If I manually make an interface using
ifconfig, it still doesn't change where it hangs though interestingly
enough if I set the address within the command to that of the interface,
then the interface will respond with `read from TUN/TAP returned 44`
followed by `Recursive routing detected, drop tun packet to []AF_INET]
1.1.1.1:1194` 1.1.1.1 being the address of the interface but only once and
that's it. Maybe I am confused about how that specific command works and/or
I have something set up wrong somewhere down the line. I know that this is
a complicated issue with many facets and I am new to OpenVPN so I'm not
super sure how to debug it currently so please please be patient with me
and ask questions so that I can do my best to answer them.