Am 29.09.2023 um 01:08 schrieb mike tancsa:

Hi Selva,

    Thank you for looking!

My guess is that something in the certificate or private key is not to
OpenSSL 3.1's liking and it rejects it. Is there any way for you to check the contents of the token independently using a tool linked against OpenSSL 3.1 ?

What am I looking for in that case ?  Taking a look at the cert just with openssl 3.0 on FreeBSD releng14 it seems ok with it. Same with the Windows version 3.1.x that comes with OpenVPN. Is it possible it doesnt like the sha1RSA sig ?

OpenSSL 3.0 has security 1 by default (OpenSSL 3.1 has 2 by default)  and that does not allow SHA1 signatures anymore. See https://www.openssl.org/docs/man3.1/man3/SSL_CTX_set_security_level.html

Arne