From: Ryan Whelan [mailto:rcwhe...@gmail.com]
Sent: November-17-13 2:32 AM
To: Gert Doering
Cc: openvpn-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] IPv6 client-to-client communication

The reason I'd been using tap was because the multicast router (mrd6) didn't
seem to be working with tun. (the clients will be sending multicast traffic)
I'm only slightly familiar with multicast and barely anymore familiar with
IPv6; is there a better method to handle multicast traffic from the clients? I
will be using multiple servers and OSPF for routing.

http://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/ticket/79
I think that multicast traffic by default is sending out as broadcast. There is
an old patch for that and it might work (see link above) but it is not
officially supported.
Andy