Hi,

On Fri, Jun 05, 2015 at 11:03:58AM -0400, Douglas D Germann Sr wrote:
> OTOH, if this is screwed up, might there be some other bug that could
> affect operations or security of this production nas? I worry....

Of course there could be bugs overall :-) - but generally speaking, if
they did not mess too much with our sources, and (this is the more
important bit) "user nobody" still works, I do not see a high risk here.

Generally, OpenVPN's track record in regard to externally exploitable
bugs is very good.  Worst thing so far was "you can make the server
exit cleanly" - which is totally annoying, but no lever to break into
a system.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de