On 26/07/15 22:11, fm_vpnl...@xemaps.com wrote:
> When doing the build-ca, build-key, etc, you are asked to input the values of
> the following (even if defined in vars.bat, you have to confirm).  My
> question is, considering server and clients, which of the parameters
> -must be the same?
> -may be the same?
> -must be different?
> -may be different?
>
> set KEY_COUNTRY=
> set KEY_PROVINCE=
> set KEY_CITY=
> set KEY_ORG=
> set KEY_EMAIL=
> set KEY_CN=
> set KEY_NAME=
> set KEY_OU=

All of these can be whatever you like.  That is just strings which is
presented in logs.

The authentication happens on a cryptographic level, where the signature in a
certificate must be valid when checked against a locally stored public CA key
- which is the --ca certificate.

> set PKCS11_MODULE_PATH=
> set PKCS11_PIN=

These are only valid/important if you use PKCS#11 tokens or smart cards, and
must then be set to the proper drivers for the PKCS#11 technology of your
choice.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth