Hi there

We're starting to use proxy servers with native TLS support (you connect to
the proxy over TLS, then send your proxy requests - ie all proxy traffic is
encrypted). If openvpn supported such a mode, we could encapsulate openvpn
traffic within a TLS channel - which could help openvpn actually work for
some of our users when travelling to certain countries...

Yes this is a obfuscation trick, but one that uses 99% of existing code :-)

and yes I know this could be hacked together using stunnel/socat/etc. But
notice the phrase "hacked together"

--
Cheers

Jason Haar