Hi Scott,

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 9:18 PM, Scott Crooks <scott.cro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw this file in the OpenVPN codebase:
> https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/blob/master/README.ec
>
> Which claims that support for elliptic curve certificates will be enabled in
> OpenVPN 2.4.0. Just wanting to make sure there wasn't another way to enable
> it in version 2.3.10?

Yes, use an mbed TLS build.  That will automatically support ECDSA and
ECDH.  I *think* (can't test right now) that ECDSA also works fine
with 2.3.10 + modern OpenSSL (1.0.1+, iirc).  ECDH might also work
with OpenSSL 1.0.2+.

But, by far the easiest way is to just use the master branch.  It is
quite stable, and has full EC support, for both mbed TLS and OpenSSL.

-Steffan