Hi

according to this forum post:
https://forums.openvpn.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22599#p64917

OpenVPN --port-share cannot be used by fail2ban because
the source port seen by fail2ban is always 127.0.0.1

I do use fail2ban so I know it is highly customisable but
I do not know if or how it could use the --port-share [dir]
option from openvpn to apply the real source IP from the
file created by openvpn.

I am not expecting to be provided an actual config that
does this but simply to know if it is possible ?

If anybody can shed a lttle light it would be appreciated.

Regards