> Hi,

>> > Depends on the operating system used, but generally yes.
>>
>> I use Debian and always find that the tun device will be deleted
>> automatically after the server side is down/unavailable/closed.
>>
>> So, how can I preserve that tun device for my case?
>
> precreate:
>
> $ openvpn --mktun tun4

I tried it, it seems the command should be something as follows:

$ sudo openvpn --mktun --dev tun4

> and then use that
>
> $ openvpn --dev tun4 ...

Thanks, it does the trick.

But I find another issue: when the vpn connection is down on this
device, the tun device created by the above method can only be listed
by using `ip link' command, while the `ifconfig ' will not list this
device.

When the device is up/ in-using, both the `ip link' and the `ifconfig
' will list this device.

Why this happen?

Regards

--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.z...@gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry