On 26/01/17 11:55, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> 26.01.2017 15:31, debbie10t пишет:

>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> I'll try to patch and rebuild 2.4.0.
>> Curiosity got me ..
>>
>> Do you need --persist-* on your client ?
> Really, no, there is no desperate need in it in this particular case :-)
>
> On the other hand ,  there is no contra, at least I don't see any...

Other than the problem you are currently experiencing ..

--persist-* is necessary if you are dropping privileges.
(I am not aware of any other reason)

>> Or is it an option added by a config generator tool ?
>> EG: Network-manager
>>
>> I would recommend reading the manual for each of the options your client
>> does use and deciding what is actually necessary.
>
> Thank you for hint, I run openvpn since 2005 and never thought about
> reading manual ;-)

I presume you are ribbing me ;-)

OTOH, you would not be the first to march blindly into the fray !

It might be interesting to know the difference in hits between
the official docs and, for example, a wordpress or Pi tutorial ..

Regards