Hi all,

I've noticed that OpenVPN connections under Debian Testing have started to
leak DNS requests when they didn't in the past. I have an ovpn file to
connect to AirVPN which contains the lines:

script-security 2
up /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf
down /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf

That used to work as it should. But now, before I start OpenVPN, my
/etc/resolv.conf looks as follows:

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 192.168.178.1
search fritz.box

And once the OpenVPN tunnel is active, it looks like this:

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
nameserver 10.4.0.1
nameserver 192.168.178.1
search fritz.box

So the VPN nameserver (10.4.0.1) has been added correctly, but my local
nameservers are still there! And indeed https://ipleak.net/ finds two DNS
servers -- the AirVPN one which should be present, and the one of my local
provider, which shouldn't.

What's going wrong there and how can I fix it?

Thanks
Matthias