I don't want to seem a pendent, but it sounds to me like "unroutable" in
this context is not referring to networking, but instead means it cannot be
associated with an existing session?

If so, wouldn't it be better to say something like "TLS Error: bogus/old
control packet received from %s (si=%d op=%s)"

All I know is that if I saw that "unroutable" message, I would be 100%
thinking about network and firewall problems - I would never have thought
this was anything else

--
Cheers

Jason Haar