3 июл. 2017 г. 16:45 пользователь "Gert Doering" <g...@greenie.muc.de>
написал:

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 10:54:28AM +0000, Bonno Bloksma wrote:
> I remember asking this a long time ago and at the time there was no
"clean" way to rotate the openvpn log because the process would keep the
log open.
> I remember that at the time we compromised by doing a copy and truncate
trick.

> Is there a "proper" way now to use the Linux logrotate feature without
the copytruncate option?

--syslog?

gert
                                                           //
www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany
g...@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-
muenchen.de

Anyway, I confirm that documentation should be improved here.

I was looking for the "recommended" way of rotating logs, and I couldn't
find any