Hi!

I am using my own ip-pool management script in order to share a common address pool with several openvpn server instances. Thus IP address assignment is done using ifconfig-push in a client-connect script. For safety reasons, I'd like to check if the address taken from the pool is currently in use by any openvpn instance.

But the --management socket doesn't seem to work when called from a client-connect script. Connecting to the management socket blocks, the first line (">INFO:") is never sent. (Retrieving the status outside the client-connect phase works fine of course.)

Is this a known limitation?

Cheers,
--leo

P.S.: I am using openvpn-2.4.4 on RHEL7.

--
e-mail   ::: Leo.Bergolth (at) wu.ac.at
fax      ::: +43-1-31336-906050