On Tue, Mar 08, 2022 at 10:02:19PM +0100, Bo Berglund wrote:
> It says that I have held broken packages but I have no idea on what that even
> means or how one can "hold" something in a computer....

A held package is a package that is marked as DO NOT TOUCH (no upgrade).
To list held packages, you can use:

   apt-mark showhold

or read: https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/apt-get-hold-back-packages-command/

That may not be the issue there, it could be a dependancy issue, especially if
you have installed additional installation sources.

Usually apt-get install -f (under root) gives an idea or even a solution.
Only type ENTER after having understood what it is going to do.

PS: not using Ubuntu, but Debian, but Ubuntu is Debian-based.