On 29/08/2023 10:00, Bruno Tréguier via Openvpn-users wrote:
Le 29/08/2023 à 09:02, Jason Long via Openvpn-users a écrit :
Hello,
Why in the OpenVPN log, I see the following line:

Protocol options: explicit-exit-notify 1, protocol-flags cc-exit tls-ekm dyn-tls-crypt

Thank you.

Hello Jason,

Sorry to interfere, and sorry also if I look a bit harsh, but this is getting a bit ridiculous, imho.

+1  (from my point of view, this isn't harsh at all)

Are you just going to browse through each and every line in your logs, or every unlikely situation you might encounter (like having to "unrevoke" a cert, a few days ago), and for each of them, ask someone on this list to take you by the hand?

There's plenty of documentation out there, and you can also "use the source, Luke"... Help yourself, in every sense of the expression.

Just to follow up on this ... documentation is found here:

OpenVPN 2.5: <https://build.openvpn.net/man/openvpn-2.5/openvpn.8.html>
OpenVPN 2.6: <https://build.openvpn.net/man/openvpn-2.6/openvpn.8.html>

In regards to the "protocol flags", you don't need to know anything about that. That is primarily useful for developers when debugging. If something is not found in the man page, just presume this is for developer debugging.

If you want to know more about OpenVPN and how it works, start by getting a copy of these books:

<https://www.packtpub.com/product/openvpn-cookbook-second-edition/9781786463128>

<https://www.packtpub.com/product/mastering-openvpn/9781783553136>

<https://www.packtpub.com/product/troubleshooting-openvpn/9781786461964>

Those books are written by trusted OpenVPN community members, so buying these books supports them.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth
OpenVPN Inc