Attention: Peter Davis

Hi Peter

>Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2023 at 3:15 PM
>From: "Hans via Openvpn-users" <openvpn-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
>To: peter.davis1...@proton.me, openvpn-users@lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Bypassing censorship devices
>

>>From: "Peter Davis via Openvpn-users"
>><openvpn-users@lists.sourceforge.net[mailto:openvpn-users@lists.sourceforge.net]>
>>Date: Tuesday, 12 December 2023 at 07:08:08
>>To: "Tincantech via Openvpn-users"
>><openvpn-users@lists.sourceforge.net[mailto:openvpn-users@lists.sourceforge.net]>
>>Subject: [Openvpn-users] Bypassing censorship devices
>>Hello,
>>How to use OpenVPN in a country that uses internet censorship devices to
>>block VPN services? Is there a way to hide OpenVPN or make it look like a
>>normal internet connection?
>

>Besides that, one might also need to use onion routing (TOR), to hide your
>destination. (VPN-end-point)

I guess Han was referring to cascading (or double-hopping) Tor and a VPN node,
something like this: your device --> Tor --> VPN node --> internet.

Please don't try the above method if you are in country in which there is heavy
censorship of the internet. Do NOT try it in China; it will fail not because of
the method but because of you. You'll find it unbearably slow to use the
internet that you'll give up easily.

Best wishes.

Stella

P.S.: If you can, avoid posting to this mailing list using HTML format. The
traditional format for posting to mailing lists is plain text such as this
reply of mine. Many years ago posts that were in HTML format would be
automatically rejected or bounced by mailing lists' providers.