Hello,

One of my users has just had his work laptop changed, and now when he connects to our network via OpenVPN, his connection isn't working (seems up but no packet gets through), and in the server logs, we're getting the classical "MULTI: bad source address from client" errors. The strange this in his case, is that there is no IP listed between the brackets. The errors are as follows:

MULTI: bad source address from client [], packet dropped

And his connection does not work at all. He's also telling us that another OpenVPN connection, to another network, works correctly. I don't have any details regarding that connection though.

I suspect, despite the lack of IP address, that there is some kind of configuration problem on his network, like a non-functional NAT in certain cases, which makes his private IP "leak", but how can I characterize it in the absence of indication of the private IP? Or am I totally wrong about the possible cause?

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

Bruno