Since letsencrypt can only generate certificates for domain records which
point to public ip addresses, one would need to have a public ip address
and a domain record for each deployed router in order to do this. Or one
would have to implement some trick in order to get a certificate for each
router in a simpler manner but probably violating the TOS of letsencrypt.

Either way, it's doable, but are you sure it's worth the effort?

Fed