Might be of interest to talk with this guy in order not to create yet another
embedded framework.
--- Begin Message ---
Florian Fainelli wrote:
Hi Jelle,

You gave me your card after my Fosdem presentation on OpenWrt, so now you have my contact informations. I do not remember your question about OpenWrt, can you as it again ?

Hi Florian,

Indeed you gave a nice presentation about openWrt. My resulting question/comment was:

OpenWrt has a nice system creating device specific kernels and file system.

I am working on the emdebian project, and one problems with mainline reposatory is that we can't maintain/create custom kernels for single devices.

I was interested to create a more generic way for embedded system developers to create and maintain kernels resulting in more open devices.

I am planning to create a new open design based embedded ARM development board and probably make kit available. I am planning this in this year. I hope to create an open SDK based on existing mainline components.

So maybe we could work together on sustainable kernel creator system, guidelines....

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong