Given my positive experiences with OpenWRT on adm5120 (RouterBoard 150) and
PS3, I recently tried getting OpenWRT to work on m68k `hardware' (actually a
virtual Atari using ARAnyM, as that's the easiest for development :-).

I just had to add

    target/linux/atari/Makefile
    target/linux/atari/config-2.6.25
    target/linux/atari/image/Makefile
    target/linux/atari/patches/*
    toolchain/uClibc/config/m68k

and use an appropriate .config, and the resulting kernel with built-in
ramdisk booted fine under ARAnyM!

My first attempt is at
http://users.telenet.be/geertu/Download/openwrt-atari.tar.bz2
Just extract it to the OpenWRT trunk root and run `make oldconfig; make'.

Perhaps this can become a valid alternative to Debian?

I still have a few questions, though:
  1. target/linux/atari/patches/* is just all patch files from my quilt patch
     series for 2.6.25, with each patch file name prefixed by a number to
     ensure the correct order.
     Can the OpenWRT build system handle plain quilt series, too? I
     have to admit I didn't try.
     Can the OpenWRT build system handle getting the quilt series from
     http://linux-m68k-cvs.ubb.ca/~geert/linux-m68k-patches-2.6.25/?

  2. Originally I had libpcap enabled in my .config. But that failed
     with:

     | checking Linux kernel version... unknown
     | configure: error: cannot determine linux version when cross-compiling
     | make[3]: *** [openwrt/build_dir/m68k/libpcap-0.9.4/.configured] Error 1

     However, it worked fine for my earlier adm5120 build?

Thanks for your answers/comments!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                                                Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                                            -- Linus Torvalds