Hi ML,

I need your help to understand the actual status of external toolchain
support.

In my environment, there are a lot of developers that works on an building
environment openwrt-based. Openwrt is a good choice to manage my builds and :
I am happy to have chosen one year ago.

The big problem that I observed is that OpenWRT doesn't support in a clean-way
the external toolchains. the NATIVE_TOOLCHAIN option seems to not resolve my
problems because it disables CROSS_COMPILE defines and I don't like the openwrt
behaviour when this option is enabled.

I want understand if are there anybody that shares my observation (or I'm not
able to use native_toolchain in best way) and if a work on this topic can be
appreciated by community.

Kindly, give me any suggestion or opinion in order to understand what is
needed to do and what I can do.

thanks in advance,

luigi

--