On Sunday 19 July 2009 13:27:47 Matthias Buecher / Germany wrote:
>[...]
> I'm done creating the patches for etherwake and busybox's ether-wake to
> use br-lan as a default.
> But can somebody confirm that br-lan is also a working interface for
> other devices or Kamikaze 8.09 in general?

Kamikaze sets up the lan interface as a bridge per default, so your patch
should work.  But it will probably break as soon as somebody changes the
interface config.

And even if eth0 is bridged, etherwake should work on the base device eth0 as
well if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, if it doesn't work for you, I guess the best way to handle this is by
doing something like this in the scripts which use etherwake:

. /etc/functions.sh
include /lib/network
DEFAULT_IFACE=lan
scan_interfaces
config_get iface $DEFAULT_IFACE ifname
etherwake -i $iface "$@"

The $DEFAULT_IFACE could be made configurable.

Cheers,
Malte