Hi Florian,

Florian Fainelli a écrit :
Le Tuesday 28 July 2009 18:04:39 Benjamin Cama, vous avez écrit :
I am trying to boot my system through an initramfs that should mount my
root FS somehow. My problem is, I am always stuck here :
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/target/linux/generic-2.6/base-files/i
nit#L9 because $rootfs is never set. I tried to look everywhere but didn't
see any place where it could be set. I think it should come from the
"root=..." kernel commandline argument, but couldn't find any place
where it's done.

I assume you used the "ramdisk" target in make menuconfig -> Target images -> [*] ramdisk.

Yes, I did so.

If so, there is usally nothing to set and the kernel knows that it should be mounting the initramfs.

The kernel is "mounting" the initramfs correctly, but the $rootfs variable isn't set to the value passed to the kernel commandline with "root=...". I saw that for some images, a "rootfstype=..." parameter is given to the kernel; what does it do exactly ?

I am trying to mount a rootfs that is not a "classical" openwrt one (namely, btrfs) and I need to execute something (btrfsctl -a) before switching (switch_root) to the rootfs. I supposed $rootfs would be set correctly and that I just needed to add the command cited above, but the initramfs always starts /sbin/init saying it hasn't found a rootfs variable (line 11 of /init is executed, as I see the NOMOUNT global var set to "No Root" in my shell).

So I was wondering why $rootfs is not set (if it's supposed to be set somewhere, as the -z test after /etc/preinit inclusion indicates) and how I can "fix" this.

Thanks,
Benjamin