This patch series enables management frame protection (802.11w) in hostapd and
wpa_supplicant. Both programs implement IEEE Std 802.11w-2009 since version
0.7.0 (1),(2). According to (3), the only driver that currently supports
802.11w is ath9k.

I have tested this on two identical OpenWrt devices, based on Ubiquiti
RouterStation Pro with SR-71A (phy0: Atheros AR9160 MAC/BB Rev:0 AR5133 RF
Rev:b0), running trunk r19922. MFP can be either disabled, optional or
required, in both programs. For my tests, I set ieee80211w=1 (optional) on my
AP and ieee80211w=2 (required) on the client. Association sometimes succeeded,
but not always. With "iw dev wlan0 scan" on the client, there is also some
bogus tail data in the RSN part:

        RSN:     * Version: 1
                 * Group cipher: TKIP
                 * Pairwise ciphers: CCMP TKIP
                 * Authentication suites: PSK
                 * Capabilities: 16-PTKSA-RC MFP-capable (0x008c)
                 * bogus tail data (6): 00 00 00 0f ac 06

Given my first test results, this feature should imo be considered
experimental, but the ability to configure it in /etc/config/wireless will
allow for easier testing.

(1)
http://hostap.epitest.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap.git;a=blob_plain;f=hostapd/ChangeLog
(2)