On 23-03-10 16:20, Jonas Gorski wrote:
> These patches enhance the ar8216 driver with support for the ar8316
> switch chip. Most changes are taken from the S16 driver in the
> TP-Link TLWR741ND sources, the AVM Fritz!Box 7390 sources, or directly
> read out values of the RouterStation Pro.
>
> The behaviour for ar8216 should be unaffected, but lacking a device
> with it I couldn't verify it.

I am using these patches on my RSPro at home, and it works very well for
me. I tested combinations of several tagged vlan's on multiple ports and
a single untagged vlan on another port. With this patch, I am also
receiving multicast packets on eth1 of my RSPro, so I am finally able to
use UPnP and OSPF.

It would be awesome if someone could test this on hardware with the
ar8216 switch, and report if this patch does or doesn't break the ar8216
support. If it doesn't, this should imho go into trunk ASAP.

@Jonas, thanks a lot for your work on this, it's highly appreciated. I
owe you at least a sixpack :-)