On 22.11.2010 09:35, Stefan Tomanek wrote:
> Dies schrieb Matthias Buecher / Germany (m...@maddes.net):
>
>> So if you are sure that the patch is not mangled by your mail client (no
>> wraps, no tabs to spaces), then inline is definitely preferred.
>> Maybe setting some options in your mail client will avoid this behaviour.
>
> Can you point me to the line where any mangling took place? I just checked
> the list reply of my own message, which looks completely fine to me, but
> when checking your reply, I noticed some tabs being replaced by spaces inside
> the quoted patch.
>
> I don't think mutt does any mangling, since the message itself is generated
> by "git format-patch" and sent as it is.

Hadn't a look at your patch, maybe also his mail client mangles the mail
when only displayed.
I'm using Thunderbird 3.1 and my current settings mangle the mail when I
reply.
As far as I know your setup shouldn't mangle the patch.
Can someone confirm?

(Note to myself: finally try to setup TB correctly)