On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:36:47 -0400
Stefan Monnier <monn...@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> > the disabling is being done deliberately to give users a chance /
> > force them to clean up the overlay after a reflash.
>
> So this test is only for the `overlay' case, not the new "option
> target /" case, right?

No, it's for both because the option target / case still has the same
problem, namely incorrect kernel modules and possibly broken uClibc
binaries after a firmware flash, so in both cases the user probably
needs to update for the system to not brick after a firmware upgrade.

Regards,

Daniel

--
<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping,
it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it