On 2011-04-15 2:18 AM, Larry Vaden wrote:
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM, OpenWrt
 #9207: txpower may be limited to 20 dBm on Ubiquiti M900 series with
regdomain=US
 -------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  vaden@…           |       Owner:  developers
       Type:  defect            |      Status:  closed
   Component:  base system       |     Version:  Trunk
 Resolution:  fixed             |    Keywords:  txpower Ubiquiti M900 ap cpe
 -------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

 Comment(by nbd):

   I'm pretty sure the signal strength values match what the hardware thinks
   the signal strength is, but I'm not sure about the interpretation of those
   values yet.
   I'm already looking into that and I don't think opening up a new ticket
   for that helps.

Since Trac is so convinced I'm spamming (Submission rejected as
potential spam (SpamBayes determined spam probability of 59.17%)),
I'll ask on the ML:

Does the radio deal in absolutes (e.g., microvolts) or is everything relative?

e.g., does the radio know the noise floor and report said to you or do
you tell the radio what the noise floor is?
Radio measures noise floor, driver sanitizes it and sets the final value. Signal strength measurement is based on driver RSSI values.

- Felix