>>>>> "Jonas" == Jonas Gorski <jonas.gorski+open...@gmail.com> writes:

Jonas> On 25 April 2011 20:43, Russell Senior
Jonas> <russ...@personaltelco.net> wrote:
> [...]
Stefan> Doesn't seem worth the trouble: the rsync daemon is not
Stefan> started by default (IIUC), so your patch doesn't save any RAM,
Stefan> all it saves is the rsyncd.conf and rsyncd.init files, which
Stefan> are both small.

Russell> It *is* started by default in my recent experience.  Having
Russell> compiled the package into my image, I had to specifically
Russell> "/etc/init.d/rsyncd disable" it to prevent it running.

Jonas> You are seeing different behaviour because packages compiled
Jonas> into the image are started by default, but packages installed
Jonas> later are not.

That distinction makes sense, in which case it makes sense to give
the user an option not to start rsyncd, IMHO.  My patch does that.

--
Russell Senior, President
russ...@personaltelco.net