On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Samuel Sieb <sam...@sieb.net> wrote:
> I have a bunch of TEW-634GRU access points that I would like to port openwrt
> to.  I have serial access and I can read and write the flash from the
> current embedded Linux system.  As far as I can tell all the parts are
> supported, I believe it is very similar to the TL-WR1043ND which I currently
> have running openwrt.  Would someone be able to explain what steps I need to
> add support?
>
> Specs:
> Flash: 4MB
> RAM: 32MB
> switch: rtl8366
> CPU: AR9100
> WIFI: AR5416 (?)
>
> Any other information that would be useful?

You should be able to get something running fairly easily. First step
is to get serial access and access to the bootloader. To start, try
compiling a ramdisk version of the 1043, uploading it to ram, and
booting it from there. Start with the 1043 code, and see how much of
it works.

To write the actual support into openwrt, take a look at the changes
that others have made to add new devices. Juhosg has added several
devices in the last few months, and I've used those as templates for
working on new devices.

It's also useful to start a thread on the forums and report your
progress there. Some will chip in with help and advice.

Jonathan Bennett