>>>>> "Adam" == Adam Gensler <open...@akapm.com> writes:

Adam> Hi all, I have a question on the updated alix2 target in
Adam> trunk. It's great to see the alix platform getting some updates
Adam> in trunk. However, I noticed the default inclusion of the ath5k
Adam> and ath9k drivers. Alix boards don't come with wireless built
Adam> in. While it is true that you can add wireless to it, some
Adam> people do not, myself included. Most of the rest of the included
Adam> drivers seem to be foundational alix2 platform
Adam> pieces. Technically the ath5k and ath9k drivers aren't part of
Adam> the base platform.

Adam> The packages (kernel modules I guess), in question are:

Adam> kmod-cfg80211 kmod-mac80211 kmod-ath kmod-ath5k kmod-ath9k
Adam> hostapd

Adam> I think it would be better to not include these by
Adam> default. Presumably if someone is selecting the alix2 target
Adam> form menuconfig they are already building them own image and can
Adam> easily select them manually? If someone downloads a prebuilt
Adam> image from openwrt.com they could always manually include the
Adam> ath5k or ath9k drivers as necessary afterwards.

Adam> Thoughts?

+1

--
Russell Senior, President