hi,
I want to sniff all the packets from the network.
I am setting
sc->sc_ah->is_monitoring = true;
in ath9k_start()

but this gets set to false in in ath9k_config(..).
using the flag :  IEEE80211_CONF_CHANGE_MONITOR

Both the functions are defined in main.c in
compat../drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k

I have the following doubts :

1. this flag is not used anywhere and I don't get how should i set "*changed
" *so that this flag is set.

2. If I force ah->is_monitoring to true, before this, I am not sure how the
driver will behave as other things might go wrong elsewhere

Please suggest how to set the monitoring mode.

Also, I have doubt in setting the monitor mode using iwconfig.
The usual mode of the device is Master( using iwconfig )

When, I use the following commands :
$ifconfig wlan0 down
$iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
$ifconfig wlan0 up

The router reboots on the last command, and the wlan0 still shows monitor
mode(iwconfig output)
The browser interface also shows Master mode.
A user space ioctl call : ioctl(sd, SIOCSIWMODE, &wrq)
gives me an error : DEvice or resource ready.
the radio interface is not configure.

There is a mon.wlan0, mon.wlan1 (in Monitor mode) interfaces in iwconfig
output.
Shall i use them to create a raw socket and sniff on it ?

Abhinav Narain