Hi George,

On 01/09/2012 08:14 PM, George Kashperko wrote:
> Hello, Hauke!
>
> Spotted a typo in drivers/ust/host/ssb-hcd.c
> #define SSB_OHCI_CORECTL_HOSTMODE     (1 << 13)
>
> It should be 1 << 29 for SSB as SiliconBackplane control flags are at high
> 16 bits of SSB_TMSHIGH

In drivers/usb/host/ssb-hcd.c in OpenWrt brcm47xx it says:
#define SSB_HCD_TMSLOW_HOSTMODE (1 << 29)

When searching for SSB_OHCI_CORECTL_HOSTMODE I found your patch changing
it to (1 << 13). Did you get a little confusion or am I wrong? ;-)

> Also, for bcma-based EHCI to work correctly it requires OHCI to be driven
> as well
> or USB1.1 devices won't work (researched and reported by Joel Crisp
> <joel.a.crisp at googlemail.com>) so it seems reasonable to have
> +kmod-usb-ohci in package/kernel/modules/usb.mk (might with +kmod-usb2 as
> well).
EHCI just supports USB 2.0, in general for USB 1.1 support an other
interface like OHCI or UHCI is needed [0]. Yeah it would make sense to
add a dependency to kmod-usb2 for the OHCI or UHCI driver depending on
the platform, I will talk with the other developers about it as it does
not affect brcm47xx only, but all USB 2.0 controllers.

While I am writing you, I would like to apply
http://www.znau.edu.ua/temp/asus-rt-n16/2012-01-01T23-55/000-openwrt4716-TARGET_brcm4716-prereq.patch
to OpenWrt trunk, are you fine with that?

We also wrote a spec [1] of the gmac et driver, so someone (now RafaƂ)
is able to implement a clean room developed driver for the gmac core.

Hauke

[0]:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_controller_interface_%28USB,_Firewire%29#Enhanced_Host_Controller_Interface
[1]: http://bcm-v4.sipsolutions.net/mac-gbit