>>>>> "Philip" == Philip Prindeville <philipp_s...@redfish-solutions.com>
>>>>> writes:

Philip> On 2/10/12 5:41 PM, Russell Senior wrote:
> [...]
Philip> Sysupgrade currently doesn't allow updating software in place
Philip> without clobbering the existing config (stored on the ext4
Philip> overlay filesystem that immediately follows the jffs2
Philip> filesystem).  I've spoken to various interested parties using
Philip> x86 hardware, and we'd like to see if anyone is interested in
Philip> doing bounty work to support sysupgrade on x86.

Russell> What configuration gives you that?  I have built lots of
Russell> squashfs images for alix2 and soekris 45xx and have yet to
Russell> see an ext4, at least that I noticed.

Philip> Or ext3, which ever.

Philip> The point is that the overlay writable filesystem gets zapped
Philip> when the image is updated.

Have you looked at /sbin/sysupgrade and the stuff in /lib/upgrade/* ?

What kind of bounty are you talking about?

--
Russell Senior, President
russ...@personaltelco.net