Hello Helmut,

On 02/13/12 12:31, Helmut Schaa wrote:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Florian Fainelli<flor...@openwrt.org>  wrote:
While I was porting the ramips target to a Ralink evaluation board
(V11ST-FE) using a RT2880-F SoC, I noticed that I was not getting more than
26Mbits/sec TCP traffic using iperf. The station was connected with N-rates,
and I was running a trunk from yesterday.

My nearby radio environment is not so crowded, and changing the channel to
something more busy showed even worse performance (down to 5Mbits/sec in
some cases).

Is this something you also observed on your RT2880-F based APs?

rt2x00 throughput is in general seeing performance impacts when the channel is
not entirely clear. I've no idea yet why but the impact looks much
worse then with
other drivers (like ath9k).

Do you think we should move this discussion to linux-wireless in the hope that someone there might help? I am definitively willing to test patches since I don't think we are hitting a CPU limitation there.
--
Florian