On 03/05/2012 04:50 AM, Nathan Hintz wrote:
> Attached is an updated patch for comment.
>
> 1) Does adding the common section even make sense, if not, I will delete it?
> 2) I moved the entries that were obviously ARM or MIPS, are these correct
> and are there others that should be moved?
>
> I initially created another version that simply added the manufacturer ID's
> as another element in the device_names table, but then tumbled to this
> (smaller footprint/more efficient).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nathan

Thank you for the patch. It was committed in r30875.

I removed the common part as I do not think we need it, every core has a
vendor id. I also made all structs and functions static as they are not
used outside of this file.

Could you also send this patch for inclusion into the linux mainline kernel.

Hauke