On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 9:52 PM, Otto Solares Cabrera <so...@guug.org>wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 05:03:24PM -0700, Dave Taht wrote:
> > however my issue is that hostapd isn't coming up for ap mode.
>
> Yeah in 3.3 the mon.wlan0 i/f is not being setup but I didn't
> investigate further.

Your confirmation rules out cerowrt's setup (with device renaming, etc), so
that
reduces it to hostapd, nl, wireless-next, or the 3.3 kernel, sometime in
the last 150 commits. sigh.

I confirm there's no mon device being created.

Go looking for a newer hostapd? bisect?

root@OpenWrt:/lib/wifi# wifi start

Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy0.conf
nl80211: Failed to set interface sw00 into AP mode
nl80211 driver initialization failed.
Failed to start hostapd for phy0

Configuration file: /var/run/hostapd-phy1.conf
nl80211: Failed to set interface sw10 into AP mode
nl80211 driver initialization failed.
Failed to start hostapd for phy1

> OTOH is just me or do you note too that the compressed firmware
> image with the 3.3 kernel is like 0.25MB bigger than 3.2?  It
> seems too much kernelbloat* to me :(

firmwarebloat on my side is cracking 10Mbytes, hardly notice a difference...

> *any similarity with bufferbloat is pure coincidence... :)

Well, I was just about to try finalizing the last aqm fixes and boom went
the wifi.

> --
>  Otto

Dave Täht